Ronaldo: I'm looking to buy a club in Portugal
Real Madrid great Ronaldo Nazario has revealed he is looking to buy a second football club following his purchase of Valladolid last year.
It seems that owning one football club is not enough for Real Madrid legend Ronaldo Nazario.
The retired Brazil international bought a 51-percent share in Valladolid in September 2018 and revealed he is still on the hunt for another club in Portugal.
Recalling his initial search to buy a club at the Web Summit conference in Lisbon, Ronaldo said: "I was looking for a club to buy. I had already looked in England, in the second division. The first one was very expensive, and even the second one was too.
“I also looked in Portugal, and I am still looking in Portugal”.
Why Valladolid was right for Ronaldo
Ronaldo went into further detail about his decision to eventually buy Valladolid, whose history and proximity to Madrid were amongst the chief attractions for the Brazil great.
"One day I was in Russia and I received a call from someone connected to Valladolid. That was what I was looking for: a club with a great history, an hour and forty minutes away from Madrid,” he said.
“But another factor was the price. It's a 90-year-old club, many years in the first division, the only team in a city with 300,000 people. It was a great opportunity for me and I decided to enjoy it. I never thought I would suffer so much in a weekend, but we're fine. I'm very happy with the club.”
Valladolid currently sit 12th in LaLiga with four wins in 12 games, their most recent coming in the 3-0 victory against Mallorca last weekend, which followed a humbling 5-1 loss to Barcelona. The club finised 16th last season after Ronaldo's first year as owner.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus What travel recommendations have the CDC established for Thanksgiving?
- NBA LeBron James' Los Angeles Lakers set to sign Marc Gasol – reports
- BOXING Tyson vs Jones Jr: Two boxing legends and the shock defeats in their storied careers
- LIGA MX There will be a Clásico Nacional in both Women’s and Men’s playoffs in the Liga MX
- LIGA MX Four key matchups to be aware for the quarter-finals in the Liga MX
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Messi is an extravagance which Barça can no longer afford