"Messi just left, some didn't shake hands" - Slavia keeper blasts "sad" Barça behaviour
Ernesto Valverde’s men were obviously in low spirits after the scoreless draw, but according to Slavia keeper Kolar, it was no excuse for their post-match behaviour.
Slavia Prague held Barcelona to a commendable 0-0 draw at Camp Nou on Tuesday night and after the game the visiting players hoped to swap shirts with some of the home side’s big stars.
However, Slavia keeper Ondrej Kolar said he and his team mates were left bitterly disappointed after most of the Barcelona players, including Lionel Messi, left before they had the chance to exchange shirts, with some Blaugrana stars not even taking the time to shake their hands.
Kolar’s opposite number, Marc Ter Stegen, was one of few Barca players to speak with the visitors after the game, where he congratulated the Slavia keeper for keeping a clean sheet – never a mean feat at the Camp Nou with the likes of Messi, Antoine Griezmann and Ousmane Dembélé hunting for goals.
"He waited for me after the match, which I take as the ultimate award. To hear such praise from such a good goalkeeper, I had goosebumps. It was an amazing experience, but some of the other players,” Kolar said after the match (via Goal).
“Messi and the others just left - some of them didn't even shake our hands.
Kolar: Barcelona players behaved badly
Ernesto Valverde’s men were obviously in low spirits after the scoreless draw against Slavia, which followed their third defeat in LaLiga against Levante (3-1) at the weekend. But, according to Kolar, it was no excuse for their post-match behaviour.
“It was sad. We were all looking forward to meeting these big players, we wanted to swap jerseys after the match, but they didn't behave very well,” he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5: stock updates at Walmart, Costco, GameStop Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- US NEWS $300 unemployment benefits: are there new proposals to extend them?
- Liga MX Chivas vs Leon live online: Liga MX Playoffs Semifinal Leg 1
- US News What stimulus and executive actions does Biden plan for his first 100 days?
- PSG Neymar: What I want most is to play with Messi again
- NBA NBA 2020-21 season: Lakers-Clippers clash, Durant's Warriors reunion headline opening night