Ramsey scores after Guilherme drops Cristiano Ronaldo's free-kick
Juventus went into the lead after three minutes of their Champions League game against Lokomotiv Moscow.
Cristiano Ronaldo thought he'd opened the scoring for Juventus after three minutes in their early Champions League match against Lokomotiv Moscow on Wednesday evening, when his well hit free-kick from out on the left squirmed through Guilherme's grasp and trundled behind the keeper. Had it gone in it would have been the Juve forward's 128th Champions League goal.
Ramsey opens his Juventus Champions League account
The goal however was awarded to Juve's Welsh midfielder Aaron Ramsey, who was following up perfectly and stabbed the ball just as it was about to cross the line. Replays showed he made contact before the entire ball was over the line. That didn't stop many commentators, in particular replying to Juventus' own tweet, claiming the goal should have been Ronaldo's.
Ramsey's goal is his second for Juventus, with his opener coming against Verona on 21 September this year. Ronaldo did celebrate the goal.
Lokomotiv's quick reply
Lokomotiv levelled after 11 minutes of the match, with Miranchuk making it 1-1 from a rebound that left everyone wrong-footed except for him.
Te recomendamos en English
- LIGUE 1 PSG's Mbappé backtracks over Lille title winning comments
- USMNT Jesse Marsch and Brenden Aaronson win Austrian league title with Salzburg
- BARCELONA Barcelona set to confirm Agüero signing at end of season
- NBA NBA: Hawks, Knicks seal playoff places as Nets' Harden returns
- COVID-19 VACCINE What has CDC said about covid vaccine for 12-15 year old kids?
- US News What did Liz Cheney say about Donald Trump and the Republican Party?