Rodrygo scores perfect hat-trick in Real Madrid UCL rout
The young Brazilian has shown plenty of promise in his debut season with Los Blancos, and his first Champions League goals didn't take long.
Real Madrid's policy of signing young potential stars appears to have uncovered a gem in Rodrygo Goes. The Brazilian made the starting line-up against Galatasaray in the Champions League on Wednesday evening, and didn't take long to get on the score sheet, something we're getting rather used to.
Rodrygo Champions League early brace
The game at the Santiago Bernabéu was only four minutes old when the 18-year old controlled a cross, cut inside two defenders and swept the ball home for the opener, and his debut European goal. Just three minutes later, a cross from his compatriot Marcelo gave him another opportunity. He made no mistake with a glancing header.
The night could have been even more magical for the former Santos forward when Los Blancos were awarded a penalty in the 14th minute. Sergio Ramos made it 3-0 for his team, but some observers were hoping to see Rodrygo score a ten-minute hat-trick. It would have the fastest ever in the competition, after Marco Simeone in 1996, who took 24 minutes. It was, however, the fastest ever brace, with no one ever having done so in the Champions League in the first seven minutes.
Rodrygo then managed to cap his excellent night's work with a goal in the dying seconds with made the score 6-0. Knocking the ball into the net with his right foot meant a 'perfect' (lef,right, header) hat-trick.
18y 301d - Rodrygo has become the second youngest player to score a #UCL hat-trick, after Raul against Ferencvarosi in October 1995 (18y 113d). Hero.— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 6, 2019
This is not the first time that the youngster has got on the scoresheet early in his fledgling Madrid career. He took just a minute after his senior debut introduction in the final stages of the game against Osasuna in September. Against Leganés he opened the scoring after just six minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- George Floyd Protests Trump threatens to use the U.S. military if governors can’t contain the violent protests
- Coronavirus Coronavirus India live updates: cases, deaths and news, today
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus US live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks today
- CORONAVIRUS Stimulus check: plans for second Economic Impact Payment
- George Floyd Protests George Floyd protests: Trump takes shelter in White House bunker
- PREMIER LEAGUE Premier League clubs to vote on relegation plans amid financial concerns