Benzema ahead of Di Stefano in Europe
The Real Madrid striker grabbed his side's fourth and fifth against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Karim Benzema went ahead of Real Madrid legend Di Stefano's European Cup goals record of 49 scoring twice against Galatasaray in the Champions League this evening at the Bernabéu. It also meant the French striker became the second player ever to score in 15 straight Champions League seasons after Messi.
Benzema behind Ronaldo and Raúl at Real Madrid
Benzema is now the third highest scorer in Europe's elite competition for Real Madrid, with Cristiano Ronaldo leading the way (105) and Raúl on 66.
Benzema has played 96 matches in the Champions League to reach the tally of 50 goals, with Di Stefano needing just 58 games for his 49 strikes. The French striker has scored far more of his goals away from home (22) compared to Di Stefano (9).
Benzema was set up for his first goal by Rodrygo, who scored two goals in the first seven minutes of the match. He then grabbed his second after 80 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"