Benzema ahead of Di Stefano in Europe
The Real Madrid striker grabbed his side's fourth and fifth against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
Karim Benzema went ahead of Real Madrid legend Di Stefano's European Cup goals record of 49 scoring twice against Galatasaray in the Champions League this evening at the Bernabéu. It also meant the French striker became the second player ever to score in 15 straight Champions League seasons after Messi.
Benzema behind Ronaldo and Raúl at Real Madrid
Benzema is now the third highest scorer in Europe's elite competition for Real Madrid, with Cristiano Ronaldo leading the way (105) and Raúl on 66.
Benzema has played 96 matches in the Champions League to reach the tally of 50 goals, with Di Stefano needing just 58 games for his 49 strikes. The French striker has scored far more of his goals away from home (22) compared to Di Stefano (9).
Benzema was set up for his first goal by Rodrygo, who scored two goals in the first seven minutes of the match. He then grabbed his second after 80 minutes.
Te recomendamos en English
- No group stages, EFL Cup or Nations League? Suggestions for a post-coronavirus football 'reform'
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Di María discusses the impact on his life and family
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...
- CORONAVIRUS | TRANSFERS Coronavirus: Lavish spending and huge wages to be a thing of the past
- Coronavirus Social unrest spreads in Italy as coronavirus lockdown nears fourth week