Rodrygo: Kroos and Carvajal laud Madrid hat-trick hero
Rodrygo Goes scored a hat-trick in Real Madrid's 6-0 win over Galatasaray, drawing huge praise from team mates Dani Carvajal and Toni Kroos.
Dani Carvajal applauded Rodrygo Goes for his natural confidence after the 18-year-old scored a hat-trick in Real Madrid's 6-0 demolition of Galatasaray on Wednesday.
Rodrygo only made his first start for the club on October 22 in Madrid's previous meeting with the Turkish champions, but he has quickly shown he is not out of place in Los Blancos' team.
His treble at the Santiago Bernabeu took him to five goals in six appearances for the club, while he also set up the first of Karim Benzema's brace.
Coach Zinedine Zidane claimed he has not been surprised by Rodrygo's impact and Carvajal was overjoyed for the winger.
Carvajal: Rodrygo has "innate self confidence"
"You all saw how the boy always wants the ball, tries to dribble and passes, arrives in the box," Carvajal told reporters.
"He has an innate self-confidence, so he is fantastic. His match was really good, so we have to congratulate him."
Toni Kroos was rather more cautious about lavishing praise on the teenager, though he did commend his approach in possession.
"I do not like speaking about a player just because he has scored three goals. He did well in the past few games," Kroos said.
"He is 18 years old but is already helpful for us. Given his age, he plays very well, making it easy, not losing the ball, which is important for our game. It is good to have another scorer, as we need goals."
Te recomendamos en English
- LA Galaxy Chicharito: When I talked about retirement I meant because of my age not the MLS
- Copa del Rey 2019-20 Zaragoza vs Real Madrid: how and where to watch - times, TV, online
- MASCHERANO 'Messi's unique ability can extend his future' - Mascherano
- BRUNO FERNANDES | MANCHESTER UNITED Bruno Fernandes is on his way to join Manchester United
- BARCELONA Barcelona youth product Carles Pérez makes €13m Roma switch
- Premier League Guardiola admits mistake over Man City crowd comments