Rodrygo: Kroos and Carvajal laud Madrid hat-trick hero
Rodrygo Goes scored a hat-trick in Real Madrid's 6-0 win over Galatasaray, drawing huge praise from team mates Dani Carvajal and Toni Kroos.
Dani Carvajal applauded Rodrygo Goes for his natural confidence after the 18-year-old scored a hat-trick in Real Madrid's 6-0 demolition of Galatasaray on Wednesday.
Rodrygo only made his first start for the club on October 22 in Madrid's previous meeting with the Turkish champions, but he has quickly shown he is not out of place in Los Blancos' team.
His treble at the Santiago Bernabeu took him to five goals in six appearances for the club, while he also set up the first of Karim Benzema's brace.
Coach Zinedine Zidane claimed he has not been surprised by Rodrygo's impact and Carvajal was overjoyed for the winger.
Carvajal: Rodrygo has "innate self confidence"
"You all saw how the boy always wants the ball, tries to dribble and passes, arrives in the box," Carvajal told reporters.
"He has an innate self-confidence, so he is fantastic. His match was really good, so we have to congratulate him."
Toni Kroos was rather more cautious about lavishing praise on the teenager, though he did commend his approach in possession.
"I do not like speaking about a player just because he has scored three goals. He did well in the past few games," Kroos said.
"He is 18 years old but is already helpful for us. Given his age, he plays very well, making it easy, not losing the ball, which is important for our game. It is good to have another scorer, as we need goals."
Te recomendamos en English
- Halloween What is the history and meaning of Halloween?
- DISNEY+ The Mandalorian Season 2: how many episodes and when are they released on Disney+?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for Medicare?
- Coronavirus Main Street Lending Program: what changes did Federal Reserve make to small business loans?
- US Election 2020 How many votes did Trump get in Florida in the 2016 presidential election?
- US Election 2020 What's Biden's plan for the economy, stimulus and unemployment?