Real Madrid's Kroos not sure about Bale's Wales return
The German doesn't seem to know what's going on with his teammate Bale and his call-up to Wales when he hasn't played with Real Madrid in weeks.
Gareth Bale's future feels like it's far away from the Santiago Bernabéu. His departure during the Real Betis game has gotten critics' backs up and his teammates don't seem to know what's going on with the Welsh attacker either.
"I don't know," said Kroos in an interview with realtotal.de. "He was about to leave in the summer. After these things, when it seemed that both parties had turned the page, it's difficult to continue as normal. Taking this into account, he gives me the impression of being motivated and he has also had some notable performances. What will have annoyed him most is getting injured with the national team."
Timing not great for Bale's Wales return
Bale has been on the end of criticism for leaving the stadium early but also being called up to the national team when he hasn't played with Real Madrid in a number of weeks. Giggs says he is confident he will be able to play in Wales' upcoming games.
"Obviously, it's not really ideal for him to go with the national team," Kroos continued. "To not play with your club and then to get back back fit when the national team comes back. The moment maybe isn't the best. I think that he comes back well when he does return. I am convinced that we still need his quality on plenty of matches."
Te recomendamos en English
- E3 2021 Ubisoft Forward conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch
- US News Which European countries accept vaccinated travelers from the US?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT $3,000/$3,600 Child Tax Credit: how do I know if should have received the IRS letter?
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in Euro 2021? Saturday 12 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- ROLAND GARROS How many times has Nadal lost a match at Roland Garros?
- US News Fact check: can covid-19 vaccines make you magnetic?