Karim Benzema is top scoring French player abroad
After his brace against Galatasaray in the Champions League, Real Madrid's number nine reached 231 goals, further enhancing his scoring status.
Karim Benzema appears to be enjoying a second wind right now. The Real Madrid striker added two more goals to his collection on Wednesday evening, taking him past the legend that is Alfredo di Stéfano, making him Los Blancos' third highest scorer in the European Cup. And he also stands out amongst his countrymen.
Benzema top foreign Frenchman
As reported by national outlet L'Équipe, Madrid's number nine has proven himself to be truly prolific over his career, with more goals for a single non-French club than any of his compatriots. Since making the move to the Spanish capital from Lyon, Benzema has scored 231 times for the LaLiga giants, which has him ahead of some other impressive forwards.
Second on the all-time list is Thierry Henry, who scored 228 in his 377 games for Premier League club Arsenal, and he is followed by the likes of David Trezeguet, Antoine Griezmann, Michel Platini, and Eric Cantona among others.
Top French goalscorers at a single club abroad:
1. Karim Benzema - 231 goals at Real Madrid
2. Thierry Henry - 228 goals at Arsenal
3. David Trezeguet - 171 goals at Juventus
4. Antoine Griezmann - 133 goals at Atlético
5. Franck Ribéry - 124 goals at Bayern Munich
6. Olivier Giroud - 105 goals at Arsenal
7. Michel Platini - 104 goals at Juventus
8. Robert Pirès - 84 goals at Arsenal
9. Eric Cantona - 82 goals at Manchester United
10. Ben Yedder - 70 goals at Sevilla
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side