Spanish Super Cup 2019 draw to take place on 11 November
It is the first time that the new 'Final Four' format will be used, with Barça, Valencia, Atlético and Real Madrid all involved in January 2020.
On Monday 11 November at 16:00 CET the draw to find out the pairings for the Spanish Super Cup will be held. This is the first time in history that this 'Final Four' format is being used and the semi-finals will be played on 8/9 January with the final taking place on 12 January. The venue is still to be decided.
Spanish Super Cup 'Final Four'
The four clubs taking part are Barcelona, as LaLiga champions, Valencia, as Copa del Rey champions, plus Atlético and Real Madrid, who came in second and third place in the domestic league. It has been confirmed that it will be a 'pure' draw, meaning that anyone can play each other, and there will be no match for third and fourth place.
Prize money sees the winner collect two million euros, while the runner-up will take away 1.4 million. Each semi-finalist will pocket 800,000 euros. Last year it was Barça who lifted the trophy after beating Sevilla 2-1 in Tangier.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL FIFA announce appointment of Wenger in new role
- ATLÉTICO DE MADRID Saúl: "I always speak to Bale in Spanish, he's a really nice guy"
- BUNDESLIGA Bundesliga leaders Borussia Mönchengladbach sign NYCFC teenager Joe Scally
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
- Euro 2020 Portugal boss Santos fumes at repeated Cristiano questions
- BELGIUM Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"