Ceballos: Arsenal midfielder out of Premier League Leicester trip
A hamstring injury will keep Dani Ceballos out of this weekend's Premier League match between Arsenal and Leicester City.
Dani Ceballos will miss Arsenal's trip to Leicester City in the Premier League on Saturday, the club have confirmed.
Ceballos also out of Spain squad after suffering injury in Europa League
The midfielder suffered a hamstring injury against Vitoria SC in Wednesday's Europa League draw, although coach Unai Emery was optimistic it was only a "small" issue.
The problem will keep Ceballos out against Leicester, but Arsenal will continue to assess his fitness.
Ceballos has also been left out of the Spain squad for the upcoming international break which follows the Leicester match.
Ceballos absence could pave way for Xhaka return
Emery will have a decision to make in the centre of midfield, with Ceballos' absence potentially opening the door for Granit Xhaka's return.
Xhaka has not played since his angry confrontation with supporters when he was substituted against Crystal Palace last month, the Gunners having seen a 2-0 lead wiped out at Emirates Stadium.
The Switzerland international subsequently explained his actions, citing death threats made against his family on social media, but was later stripped of the Arsenal captaincy.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Catalan sports press elated at Madrid UCL defeat to Man City
- MLS Roger Martinez looking to pocket more than Carlos Vela
- Real Madrid Vinicius: "Referees are out to get us when they come here"
- MLS Five facts about Inter Miami ahead of their debut in MLS
- MLS Beckham wants Inter Miami to have the same success as LAFC and Atlanta United
- MLS David Beckham is not worried about Inter Miami missing a DP