Zidane: "Bale and James aren't injured, but they're not available"
Real Madrid head coach Zinedine Zidane spoke to the media ahead of Los Blancos' LaLiga clash with Eibar on Saturday.
Six key quotes from Zidane's pre-Eibar press conference
"Every game is difficult. All the more so in Eibar, arguably, because their ground is a bigger change than the others."
Comments on PSG striker Kylian Mbappé:
"I didn't say anything. I only said what the player wants, that it's a dream of his to play here one day."
Spanish Super Cup in Saudi Arabia:
"We're here to play; the decision is down to the [Spanish Football] Federation. We'll respect it and focus on playing."
Do you think Rodrygo Goes has now put you in a position where you can't leave him out of the team?
"At the end of the day, we've got 25 players and 25 possible starters. We have selection decisions to make before every game, and I'll never shy away from them."
"I'm not going to tell you what he has, because I'm not allowed to. But it's nothing major. We're not so concerned about Marcelo's issue."
Gareth Bale and James Rodríguez called up by Wales and Colombia, respectively, despite missing Madrid's recent games:
"They aren't injured, but they're not available to play. They're going to join up with their national teams, then they have five or six days and we'll see if they're ready to play for their countries or not. They're not injured, they're out on the [training] pitch. They're still not training with the group, though, so they're unable to play tomorrow. I don't decide [whether they're able to train with the squad], they do. They're still not ready."
Te recomendamos en English
- Covid-19 Coronavirus: Which countries have banned alcohol during lockdown?
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 30 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total Nigeria cases and deaths, real-time map, 30 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total USA cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: total UK cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: total India cases and deaths, real-time map, 29 March