Barcelona: "Luis Suárez wants to play in MLS"
Nicolás Lodeiro, Uruguay forward and captain of the Seattle Sounders, said that the Barça forward is always asking about MLS and will make the move "one day."
Uruguay attacking midfielder Nicolás Lodeiro, who will lead out the Seattle Sounders in the MSL Cup final against Toronto FC on Sunday, has said that his international teammate and Barcelona star Luis Suárez intends to play in MLS when he leaves Camp Nou.
“He wants to come to MLS,” Lodeiro said. “He is always asking me about the US league. His dream was always to play for Barcelona. He is playing at a very high level and he feels very happy there. Sooner or later he’ll come to MLS, I hope.”
Suárez remains an undisputed starter at Camp Nou and has a contract running until June 2021 but the forward himself has said that Barça need to start thinking about replacing him and has made no statement of intent to extend his deal beyond its current expiry, when he will be 34.
“Hopefully he’ll play for the Sounders,” Londeiro said, adding that he had given Suárez a shirt when on international duty. “It won’t be easy to get him but I think it’s only a matter of time before he comes over here.”
Sounders manager: "Suárez said he'd come in seven years"
Lodeiro also recounted how Suárez has acted as an interpreter for him when he was discussing his move to Seattle in 2016 during a FIFA break. With his teammate struggling to communicate with Sounders general manager Garth Lagerwey, Suárez took the phone and translated. “He told me he’d come in seven years’ time,” Lagerwey joked ahead of Sunday’s game. “That was his timeframe, maybe that’s when his contract expires. I told him we’d be delighted to have him here when he’s ready.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 NBA All Star: Best images from the Slam Dunk Contest
- USMNT Giovanni Reyna could miss Dortmund's clash against Sevilla
- PREMIER LEAGUE Kane on par with Henry, Liverpool worst champions ever? Premier League weekend's quirky facts
- ATLÉTICO MADRID Atlético attack Real Madrid: "They even criticise correct decisions..."
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League: Juve must be patient against Porto, says Pirlo
- US NEWS Third stimulus check: what's the last step after relief bill passed by Senate?