Liverpool's Van Dijk and Henderson declared fit for Manchester City showdown
Virgil van Dijk missed training on Thursday and Jordan Henderson has struggled with illness but both are available to face Manchester City at Anfield on Sunday.
Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has declared Virgil van Dijk and Jordan Henderson fit for Sunday's crunch Premier League clash with Manchester City. Reds skipper Henderson missed Tuesday's 2-1 Champions League win over Genk through illness, while Van Dijk was absent from training on Thursday.
"We have to play our best game, everybody in the stadium has to be in an absolutely top shape." 👊🔴— Liverpool FC (@LFC) November 8, 2019
Royal recognition for Van Dijk
However, it later transpired Van Dijk was granted permission to return to his native Netherlands as a guest of Dutch monarchs King Willem-Alexander and Queen Máxima at Noordeinde Palace in The Hague of to receive royal recognition for his outstanding achievements this year. Klopp confirmed at Friday's pre-match news conference that the centre-back, along with captain Henderson, will be available for selection at Anfield on Sunday.
"Virgil was for other reasons not here on Thursday but he is completely fine. Jordan is completely fine," he said.
Liverpool trio still sidelined
Liverpool remain without Joel Matip, Xherdan Shaqiri and Nathaniel Clyne - the only three players in the club's sickbay. Sunday's visitors City trail the league leaders by six points ahead of the match.
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTION USA elections 2020 live online updates: Trump - Biden, polls, stimulus checks, latest news
- Latest News The UK goes back into lockdown as covid-19 cases rise
- LaLiga Alaves - Barcelona live online: LaLiga 2020-21
- PREMIER LEAGUE Pulisic set for scan on hamstring injury, Lampard confirms
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola: 'My time as a Barcelona manager is over'
- Real Madrid 4-1 Huesca Zidane plays down Hazard's muted Huesca celebration