"What Tebas wants to do with El Clásico is pure idiocy"
Head of Spain's FA, Luis Rubiales commented on the latest rumours that Javier Tebas and LaLiga want the Barça-Real Madrid match to be played at 1300 CET on Wednesday December 18.
Head of the RFEF (Spanish football Association) Luis Rubiales was speaking at an event staged by the regional Valencia football federation where he commented on a number of current issues affecting his role.
The Spanish Super Cup being staged in Saudi Arabia: "We've issued a brief communique and plan to support this by explaining the situation in greater detail next Monday".
El Clásico going ahead at 13:00 local time: "It's pure folly. I can't believe that someone could attempt to make such an error, firstly as he can't and secondly as matters of this nature need to be discussed and it would be crazy of LaLiga not to observe the rules when it comes to scheduling games. This won't go ahead and El Clásico will be played when it should, on the evening or at night time".
El Clásico will impact on the Copa del Rey: "There are three days to play the cup ties over and with the Barcelona-Real Madrid being staged on the Wednesday, there are plenty of slots available to schedule matches".
The Miami match between Villarreal-Atlético: "The Spanish FA forms part of FIFA and this governing body clearly states that in a league competition a home side should play their game at home. nothing has changed since that rule was drafted. It feels that when things don´t go his way, Javier Tebas wants to commence legal proceedings and this is not a great situation that we currently have".
Te recomendamos en English
- US ELECTIONS 2020 What is a 'contingent election' and what happens if Biden-Trump vote is tied?
- UNITED STATES USA election live online: Trump - Biden, coronavirus, stimulus checks, updates, breaking news
- US Election 2020 Electoral College map: which states have the most electors?
- USA election 2020 USA election 2020: where do I vote?
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: US coronavirus relief bill update
- US NEWS Will be there Black Friday in 2020 and when could it be?