Luis Suárez returns for Uruguay's friendlies against Hungary and Argentina
Barcelona forward Luis Suárez is set to make his first Uruguay appearance since the Copa America.
Luis Suárez is back for Uruguay for his nation's friendlies against Hungary and Argentina this month.
Suárez's recent injury problems
The Barcelona star last featured for his country at the Copa América earlier this year, but is set for a return after being named in a 22-man squad on Friday. Suárez missed Uruguay's matches against Peru last month, instead staying in Barcelona to undergo medical treatment. The 32-year-old has found form for his club, moving onto eight goals in 12 games in all competitions this season.
Paris Saint-Germain forward Edinson Cavani, Real Madrid midfielder Federico Valverde and Inter Milan pair Diego Godín and Matías Vecino are also part of the squad.
Uruguay face Hungary in Budapest on Friday before taking on Argentina in Israel three days later.
The full Uruguay squad:
Martín Campana (Independiente), Fernando Muslera (Galatasaray); Sebastián Coates (Sporting CP), Diego Godín (Inter), Giovanni González (Penarol), Diego Laxalt (Torino), Bruno Méndez (Corinthians), Gastón Silva (Independiente), Mathías Suárez (Montpellier), Matías Vina (Nacional); Rodrigo Bentancur (Juventus), Brian Lozano (Santos Laguna), Nahitan Nández (Cagliari), Lucas Torreira (Arsenal), Federico Valverde (Real Madrid), Matías Vecino (Inter); Edinson Cavani (PSG), Maxi Gómez (Valencia), Brian Rodríguez (Los Angeles FC), Jonathan Rodríguez (Cruz Azul), Cristhian Stuani (Girona), Luis Suárez (Barcelona).
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side