Zidane delighted by Real Madrid’s performance in Eibar
The Real Madrid coach spoke after his side’s 0-4 win under the rain under Eibar.
Real Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane spoke after his side thrashed Eibar 0-4 under the rain in Ipurua.
Feelings after the game
We’re feeling really good, because it’s not an easy place to come to. The team’s that come here struggle and we started well, we controlled the game, with the ball. We were vertical, moving from side to side. A complete game.
When Real Madrid didn’t have the ball
Our opponents play direct, above all when they’re at home. They’re the side in LaLiga who cross more than anyone and we controlled that really well. If we can keep a clean sheet, our quality will decide the game.
Keeping a clean sheet
Defending is a matter for everyone. It was a difficult game. It’s not just Thibaut [Courtois] and the defence, it’s Benzema, Hazard, Lucas… We’re doing really well and we need to keep going.
I’m happy for all of them, because they know they’re being useful to the side. Valverde was lacking a goal and I’m happy for him and for Madrid.
Best spell since you came back?
Maybe the first 45, yes. We also played well against Galatasaray.
Transformation of the team
I don’t think it’s changed that much. What we did after the defeat in Mallorca was think that we needed to work harder and believe in our quality. We’ve had five clean sheets now, scoring goals, and the first half today was really, really good.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend