Luis Enrique contacted by Arsenal as Emery's position under threat
Unai Emery's time at Arsenal could soon be up if reports crediting the Premier League club with an interest in Luis Enrique prove correct.
Arsenal's 2-0 loss to Leicester City could spell the end of Unai Emery's tenure.
The Gunners failed to win for the fourth Premier League match in succession on Saturday, testing the patience of club officials. And according to reports, contact has been made with Luis Enrique to assess his interest in the job.
Arsenal contact Luis Enrique
It could be a case of one Spaniard out, another Spaniard in at Emirates Stadium.
El Confidencial's Kike Marin claims Arsenal head of football Raul Sanllehi has sounded out Luis Enrique about replacing Unai Emery as head coach.
The ex-Barcelona and Roma boss has been out of football since stepping down as Spain's head coach due to personal reasons in June, two months before the tragic death of his young daughter, Xana.
87 - Arsenal have won 87 points in their 50 Premier League games under Unai Emery (W25 D12 L13) - one fewer than they managed in their final 50 under Arsene Wenger (W27 D7 L16). Regression. pic.twitter.com/jAfA0dzuIj— OptaJoe (@OptaJoe) November 9, 2019
style="font-size: 18px; font-weight: bold; letter-spacing: 0px;">Transfer round-up
- Manchester United have joined the race for in-demand Ajax goalkeeper Andre Onana, according to the Mirror. The Red Devils are also rumoured to be chasing Tottenham midfielder Christian Eriksen and Crystal Palace winger Wilfried Zaha, their former player.
- As rumours linking Eriksen to Old Trafford re-emerge, Tottenham are preparing to move for a former United man. The Mirror say Spurs are plotting a £50 million bid for Memphis Depay, who has flourished since leaving the Premier League for Ligue 1's Lyon.
- The same British tabloid believes Chelsea could splash £70 million on towering Lazio midfielder Sergej Milinkovic-Savic if their transfer ban is lifted in January.
- Olivier Giroud could be leaving Chelsea for a fee of around £5million. The Daily Express say Antonio Conte's Inter and Major League Soccer side Vancouver Whitecaps are prepared to offer the France international an escape route.
- Giroud could depart Stamford Bridge for Italy and Mario Pasalic might remain there. The Chelsea-owned midfielder is on loan at Serie A outfit Atalanta, who are considering forking out the €15million required to keep him, according to La Gazzetta dello Sport.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby