Zlatan Ibrahimovic linked with return to Manchester United
Manchester United reportedly want to re-sign Zlatan Ibrahimovic as they look to bolster their attacking options, while Inter look set to spend in January.
AC Milan, Bologna, Perth Glory, Inter Milan and even Juventus have been linked to Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and as the LA Galaxy star's contract is set to expire before the end of the year he does not appear short of suitors.
But could a shock return to Old Trafford be on the cards for the 38-year-old?
Man Utd pondering Zlatan return
Manchester United are preparing to make a move for former striker Ibrahimovic, reports Mail Online.
Ibrahimovic left United for MLS outfit LA Galaxy in 2018 and he has flourished in the United States, where he has scored 53 goals across two seasons.
But with Ibrahimovic – who has been linked to AC Milan, Bologna and A-League side Perth Glory – coming off contract and United looking to bolster their attacking options following the departures of Romelu Lukaku and Alexis Sanchez, a Manchester comeback has been mooted. Would United fans see that as a positive move?
Transfer rumour round-up
- Inter are set to back Antonio Conte in the January transfer window. Following Conte's outburst over a lack of squad planning after Inter's Champions League defeat to Borussia Dortmund, Calciomercato says the Nerazzurri are ready to sign Parma duo Matteo Darmian and Dejan Kulusevski. Darmian only arrived from Manchester United at the start of the season, while teenage midfielder Kulusevski is on loan from Atalanta.
- Pressure is mounting on Unai Emery but Arsenal are not worried. According to the Mail, the Gunners will not be panicked into sacking head coach Emery – whose side have gone four league games without a win and sit sixth, eight points outside of the top four. Former Spain and Barcelona boss Luis Enrique has emerged as a possible replacement.
- Despite Southampton's poor form, the Premier League strugglers are still behind boss Ralph Hasenhuttl according to The Sun. The Saints are 19th and three points adrift of safety amid a seven-match winless streak in the league – highlighted by a record 9-0 humiliation against Leicester City.
- Dries Mertens could be set to leave Napoli. Second on the club's all-time scoring list, Corriere dello Sport and Gazzetta dello Sport claim Mertens has agreed to join Inter as a free agent at the end of the season. The 32-year-old has called Naples home since arriving from PSV in 2013.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths, news and stimulus checks, today
- FOOTBALL Pizzi: 2016 Copa América win with Chile "a wonderful moment"
- REAL MADRID Vinicius tests negative for Covid-19
- PREMIER LEAGUE David Silva completely changed the dynamic at Manchester City
- REAL MADRID-ALAVÉS Zidane: "Hazard hasn't suffered a relapse, he'll be ready tomorrow"
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League quarter final draw Live: how and where to watch