Tonali gets Italy nod as Verratti, Berardi, Spinazzola withdraw
Roberto Mancini has had three players drop out of his Italy squad for their final Euro 2020 qualifiers, handing the Brescia midfielder a recall.
Italy confirmed Marco Verratti, Domenico Berardi and Leonardo Spinazzola have withdrawn from the squad for upcoming Euro 2020 qualifiers against Bosnia-Herzegovina and Armenia, but Sandro Tonali has been added to the roster.
Paris Saint-Germain star Verratti played 80 minutes of their 2-1 win at Brest on Saturday but was withdrawn – according to reports in Italy – due to a calf strain.
Similarly, Italy have not confirmed the issue in-form Sassuolo attacker Berardi has sustained, though it is claimed he injured his thigh during the 3-1 defeat of Bologna.
Spinazzola is reported to have suffered a muscular problem in action for Roma on Sunday.
Verratti is the only player to have been replaced, with highly rated 19-year-old Tonali, who has impressed in his debut Serie A season with Brescia, in line to earn his second cap.
Italy have already qualified for Euro 2020. Their two remaining qualifiers see them face Bosnia away on Friday, before hosting Armenia three days later.
#EuropeanQualifiers— Italy (@azzurri) November 11, 2019
The #Azzurri begin their preparations at Coverciano ahead of the games against Bosnia and Armenia
The article https://t.co/zjbOS10wbS#Verratti, #Berardi and #Spinazzola all withdraw from the squad#VivoAzzurro pic.twitter.com/xwhAtjWX6R
Te recomendamos en English
- US Elections 2020 Early voting locations near me in Florida: how to find where to vote
- CORONAVIRUS USA coronavirus live: Trump, stimulus checks, cases, deaths, updates today
- US Elections 2020 USA Election 2020: who is Lara Trump?
- Coronavirus Unemployment benefits in US: how to claim and check weekly payments
- US ELECTION 2020 The Blind Pig: this is the new Biden campaign ad aiming at NFL fans
- Coronavirus Pennsylvania unemployment biweekly benefits: eligibility and filing claim