Bale: Real Madrid absentee straight into Wales training
Gareth Bale, who hasn't trained with the Real Madrid squad in a month, went through his paces with Wales with no apparent problems on Monday.
It has come as no surprise: Gareth Bale trained as normal with Wales on Monday, having spent the last month working away from the first-team group at Real Madrid.
Bale hasn't trained or played at Real since Croatia injury
The forward looks in line to start his country's crucial Euro 2020 qualifiers against Azerbaijan and Hungary on Saturday and Tuesday, respectively. Ryan Giggs' men head into their last two matches in Group E sitting fourth in the table, four points off the second automatic qualification spot currently occupied by the Hungarians.
Bale has not played for Madrid since picking up an apparent muscle injury in Wales' 1-1 draw with Croatia in October. Los Blancos have not publicly clarified the problem he is suffering from, but the indications are that he has a soleus issue. During the past four weeks, the 30-year-old has alternated gym work with individual sessions out on the Valdebebas training pitches.
No signs of injury from Bale as Wales train for first time
In Wales' first training session ahead of their trip to Azerbaijan, a smiling, relaxed Bale showed no signs of physical complaints. On Friday, Madrid coach Zinedine Zidane had confirmed that the former Tottenham Hotspur man would join up with his national team, but expressed reservations about his fitness to play in the Dragons' two upcoming games.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Hart knew the writing was on the wall when Pep took over City
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus: Neville expects more Premier League players to drop out
- BUNDESLIGA Der Klassiker: Do Dortmund finally have what it takes to beat Bayern?
- Too early to compare Haaland to Lewandowski, claims Flick
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: What is the Skills Renewal Act?
- Coronavirus Real Madrid, Barcelona, Istanbul: no champions as EuroLeague calls time on 2019-20 season