Arsenal captain Aubameyang hits out at "bullsh*t" claims
Arsenal forward Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang dismissed reports surrounding concerns over his promotion to captain.
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang hit out at "bullsh*t" claims amid questions over his promotion to Arsenal captain.
Aubameyang replaced Granit Xhaka as skipper at the Emirates Stadium last week, with Arsenal – and particularly head coach Unai Emery – under enormous pressure.
Aubameyang rubbishes claims captaincy has "divided opinion"
However, The Athletic reported the forward's promotion to captain had "divided opinion" inside the club, while his relationship with YouTube channel AFTV had "irritated" some.
Aubameyang, who is on international duty with Gabon, dismissed the reports on Instagram on Monday.
"I just arrived in Gabon and heared [sic] a lot of bullsh*ts [sic]," he wrote. "I talk with who I want whenever I want and if somebody's not happy with … you already know."
Sixth-placed Arsenal on five-game winless run
Arsenal are sixth in the Premier League, eight points outside the top four, and are winless in five games in all competitions.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"