Mohamed Salah ruled out of Egypt games with ankle injury
Mohamed Salah again tweaked his ankle in Liverpool's win over Manchester City and will now miss Egypt's next two matches.
Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah has been ruled out of Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers against Kenya and Comoros due to a persistent ankle injury. Salah has been managing an issue since hobbling out of Liverpool's win over Leicester City last month, having been on the end of a rugged late challenge from Hamza Choudhury. The 27-year-old looked to be in pain again in Sunday's mammoth clash with Manchester City. He was caught by Fernandinho during Liverpool's 3-1 victory, initially staying down before playing on until the 87th minute, and was seen with his foot strapped up with an icepack at full-time.
Salah won't be risked against Kenya or Comoros
Salah joined up with his international team-mates on Monday, but the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) has announced he will play no part against Kenya or Comoros.
"Medical tests have confirmed Salah is not ready for Kenya and Comoros," a statement on the EFA's official Twitter page read.
Goals flowing for Salah
Salah has nine goals in all competitions for Liverpool this season, including five in his past seven outings.
Egypt's Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers
Egypt face Kenya in Alexandria in their first qualifier of the group stage on Thursday before travelling to Moroni four days later. Togo are their other Group G rivals.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid