Luka Modric suggests Serie A could be a viable move
Real Madrid's Croatian midfielder and holder of the Ballon d'Or is focused on Real Madrid, for now, but discussed a potential switch to Italy.
Real Madrid midfielder Luka Modric revealed he liked Italy and could be open to a move to Serie A in the future.
Italian ideas for Modric
The 34-year-old claimed the Golden Foot award on Tuesday, almost a year after winning the Ballon d'Or following a tremendous 2018.
However, Modric has only made three LaLiga starts for Madrid this season and has previously been linked with a move to both Milan clubs. The Croatia international said he followed Serie A and enjoyed Italy, with a move possible in the future.
"I like Italy, it's close to Croatia," he told Sky Sport. "I follow Serie A because I have many national team-mates playing there.
"The Italians are fantastic and have a mentality similar to us Croats."
Modric then added: "We'll see if one day I can play in Italy. I cannot talk about this because I am a Real Madrid player.
"I like being at Real and for now I see my future there alone."
Modric has been at Madrid since 2012, when he arrived from Tottenham, and has made more than 300 appearances for the club.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"