Barcelona-Real Madrid: Kick-off time set for December Clásico
LaLiga has confirmed the kick-off time of the rearranged clash between Barcelona and Real Madrid, originally due to be played on 26 October.
Barcelona and Real Madrid's postponed LaLiga match at the Camp Nou is to be played at 20:00 CET on Wednesday 18 December, it has been confirmed.
Clásico moved to 18 December amid Catalonia unrest
Originally due to be played on Saturday 26 October, the week-10 fixture was put back over security concerns in Barcelona, amid protests over the jailing of nine Catalan separatist leaders.
Although the Spanish Football Federation's (RFEF) Competition Committee had already set a new date for the Clásico in the aftermath of its postponement, an exact time had not yet been announced.
Speculation over 13:00 kick-off
There had been suggestions that LaLiga president Javier Tebas would seek a 13:00 kick-off to boost the game's television audience in Asia - an idea which RFEF head Luis Rubiales on Friday dismissed as "crazy".
LaLiga had earlier clashed with the RFEF, Barça and Madrid over the choice of date, with Tebas pushing for 7 December despite the clubs' preference for the 18th.
Te recomendamos en English
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Alexander-Arnold: "Madrid holds good memories but we've got a job to do tomorrow"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- Neymar ready to face Borussia Dortmund, Tuchel confirms
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Martin Braithwaite's agent arrives to open talks
- LAUREUS 2020 Messi and Lewis Hamilton share Laureus World Sportsman of the Year award