Real Madrid will have less recovery time than Barcelona before Clásico
Barcelona play Real Sociedad on the Saturday before the Clásico in December while Real Madrid play Valencia in the late Sunday game.
A new issue has arisen after LaLiga announced the time and date for the re-arranged Clásico on 18 December. The game will be played at 20:00 on Wednesday but the weekend before, Barcelona play Real Sociedad at Anoeta at 16:00 while Real Madrid play Valencia on Sunday 15 December at 21:00.
That means Real Madrid will have 29 hours less time to recover from their game with a trip to the Camp Nou on the Wednesday after.
The publication of the times comes a day after Real Madrid sent a complaint to the federation to oppose the Villarreal vs Atlético Madrid game that could be played in Miami. Real Madrid believe this game alters the competitive integrity of the league and says the decision was "a premeditated act, based on interests unrelated to and distant from those concerning sport."
Barcelona were against playing the game on 4 December for various reasons. One of them was because on the Sunday before, they played Atlético Madrid at 21:00 while Real Madrid played the day before at 13:00.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"