Real Madrid will have less recovery time than Barcelona before Clásico
Barcelona play Real Sociedad on the Saturday before the Clásico in December while Real Madrid play Valencia in the late Sunday game.
A new issue has arisen after LaLiga announced the time and date for the re-arranged Clásico on 18 December. The game will be played at 20:00 on Wednesday but the weekend before, Barcelona play Real Sociedad at Anoeta at 16:00 while Real Madrid play Valencia on Sunday 15 December at 21:00.
That means Real Madrid will have 29 hours less time to recover from their game with a trip to the Camp Nou on the Wednesday after.
The publication of the times comes a day after Real Madrid sent a complaint to the federation to oppose the Villarreal vs Atlético Madrid game that could be played in Miami. Real Madrid believe this game alters the competitive integrity of the league and says the decision was "a premeditated act, based on interests unrelated to and distant from those concerning sport."
Barcelona were against playing the game on 4 December for various reasons. One of them was because on the Sunday before, they played Atlético Madrid at 21:00 while Real Madrid played the day before at 13:00.
Te recomendamos en English
- COPA DEL REY Atlético stunned by Cultural Leonesa in Copa del Rey shock
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Setién and Valverde not that different, says De Jong
- SCHALKE 04 Todibo: "During training, you had to defend Messi with caution"
- MANCHESTER CITY Silva: "Real Madrid called me year after year but I didn't go"
- Manchester United How bad are Manchester United under Solskjaer?
- REAL MADRID Benzema: Real Madrid striker agrees contract extension