David Beckham's Inter Miami to play LA Galaxy in MLS home opener
David Beckham will see his expansion franchise Inter Miami play their first MLS home match against his former club LA Galaxy.
Inter Miami co-owner David Beckham will welcome his former club LA Galaxy to Florida for the new franchise's MLS home opener. MLS is welcoming two new teams for the 2020 season, with Inter and Nashville SC taking the league to 26 franchises.
Full MLS fixture list yet to be finalised
The full schedule for the next campaign is still to be confirmed, with the 2019 season only ending on Sunday as Seattle Sounders defeated Toronto FC in the MLS Cup final. But Inter have announced their first official home fixture, with Beckham's team to come up against Galaxy at their temporary stadium in Fort Lauderdale on 14 March.
Beckham in bronze
Galaxy have a statue of former player Beckham outside their own stadium in southern California. The former England captain made 98 regular season appearances for the club, scoring 40 times, and won the MLS Cup twice, in 2011 and 2012, and the Supporters' Shield twice, in 2010 and 2011.
MLS announced in 2014 that Beckham had exercised his option for an expansion franchise – built into his Galaxy contract – resulting in his involvement with Miami.
Mascherano linked to Beckham's Inter
Inter have been linked with former Barcelona and Liverpool midfielder Javier Mascherano, who is currently at Hebei China Fortune, as they build their first squad.
Te recomendamos en English
- Boxing Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr. live fight online: results, updates and purses
- Liga MX America vs Chivas live online: Liga MX Playoffs, Leg 2 updates
- Coronavirus Which benefits will disappear if no stimulus bill is passed?
- US Election What’s happening in Trump campaign lawsuits in Pennsylvania, Georgia & Michigan?
- CORONAVIRUS Covid 19 vaccine: who would receive it first in US?
- coronavirus Coronavirus in Los Angeles: new stay-at-home restrictions and dates