Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"
The Real Madrid goalkeeper faced the media while on duty with Belgium, telling reporters this afternoon, "Zidane has always had faith in me".
Shortly after the Belgium squad arrived in Tubize, Thibaut Courtois attended the media. The goalkeeper, que fue la primera clasificada para la Eurocopa 2020, repasó su situación en el Real Madrid, donde acumula cinco partidos seguidos con la puerta a cero.
Criticism: "I don't read the press, I only pay attention to what the coach or my team mates say to me. If they've been a goalkeeper themselves,how can they know how it all works?"
Confidence: "I don't doubt my own ability. I am one of the best goalkeepers in the world and sometimes, that's why they criticise me. I'm calm about it because I made some good saves against Celta, Sevilla and Atlético - and in other games. I'm playing at a good level, it's turning out to be a good start to the season and I have to continue this way".
First choice for Zidane
Belief from the coach: "Zidane told me that I'd continue as first choice, and asked me to keep focused. He's always had faith in me".
Past and present: "I had some good times with Atlético - and with Chelsea. Here, in Madrid, I think things have gone well for me".
Clean sheet or three points? "I'd prefer to win 4-3 than draw 0-0, although for a goalkeeper, it's always better to keep a clean sheet. It's always better not to concede because immeditately, the media murder us with the statistics - even without analysing why the goals were conceded".
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Pep Guardiola calls for Man City shutdown after UEFA decision
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Mané looks to surpass Ronaldo, Dortmund prepare for Mbappé – UCL in Opta numbers
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Report links club with Facebook accounts aimed at damaging players' images
- MANCHESTER UNITED Fernandes' set-pieces "top class" – Solskjaer lauds new Man Utd signing
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Simeone: "Pessimism? I see optimism and hope"
- ATLÉTICO-LIVERPOOL Klopp: "Atlético are a machine - they're not playing as badly as people make out"