Courtois: "I'm criticised because I'm one of the best in the world"
The Real Madrid goalkeeper faced the media while on duty with Belgium, telling reporters this afternoon, "Zidane has always had faith in me".
Shortly after the Belgium squad arrived in Tubize, Thibaut Courtois attended the media. The goalkeeper, que fue la primera clasificada para la Eurocopa 2020, repasó su situación en el Real Madrid, donde acumula cinco partidos seguidos con la puerta a cero.
Criticism: "I don't read the press, I only pay attention to what the coach or my team mates say to me. If they've been a goalkeeper themselves,how can they know how it all works?"
Confidence: "I don't doubt my own ability. I am one of the best goalkeepers in the world and sometimes, that's why they criticise me. I'm calm about it because I made some good saves against Celta, Sevilla and Atlético - and in other games. I'm playing at a good level, it's turning out to be a good start to the season and I have to continue this way".
First choice for Zidane
Belief from the coach: "Zidane told me that I'd continue as first choice, and asked me to keep focused. He's always had faith in me".
Past and present: "I had some good times with Atlético - and with Chelsea. Here, in Madrid, I think things have gone well for me".
Clean sheet or three points? "I'd prefer to win 4-3 than draw 0-0, although for a goalkeeper, it's always better to keep a clean sheet. It's always better not to concede because immeditately, the media murder us with the statistics - even without analysing why the goals were conceded".
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID 4 games in 12 days that could shape Real Madrid's season
- 2019 Gulf Cup Bahrain beat Saudi Arabia to win the 2019 Gulf Cup
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's 'RBV', Zidane's alternative to the 'BBC'
- Aston Villa vs Leicester City Jamie Vardy becomes first player to score in eight straight PL games since ... Jamie Vardy!
- Serie A Zlatan to Serie A not a foregone conclusion, says Raiola
- REAL MADRID Bale back in full training with Real Madrid