Vasco fans mock rivals Flamengo with bespoke Libertadores shirt
Brazilian side Flamengo are set to face Argentina's River Plate on November 23rd with Vasco fans taking the opportunity to showcase their contempt for fellow Rio side.
Flamengo are the biggest team in Rio de Janeiro in terms of fan numbers and also the most widely supported side in Brazil claiming to have more than 40 million supporters nationwide. Being the most popular for the masses also sets Mengão up as being the most unpopular for just as many.
Rivalry among Rio de Janiero's four main Serie A clubs (Flamengo, Botafogo, Fluminense and Vasco da Gama) is intense with a particular accentuated tension between Vasco fans and those of 2019 Copa Libertadores finalists "Fla".
Un grupo de hinchas del Vasco da Gama creó una camiseta que mezcla sus colores con los de River (¡le pusieron RiVasco!) para mufar al Flamengo en la final de la Libertadores.#FútbolBrasilero 🇧🇷 pic.twitter.com/vBehYsflry— En Una Baldosa (@enunabaldosa) November 12, 2019
Ahead of Flamengo's showdown with River Plate in Lima on September 23rd, a group of Vasco supporters have shown their antipathy towards Jorge Jesus' side by commissioning bespoke "RiVasco" shirts incorporating both the red and black diagonal sash featured on the Vasco and River Plate shirts along with the motif "Jamais serão" (It will never be) along with club emblems adorning the shirt.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus live updates: data, infections, deaths USA, India, UK...7 April
- LALIGA Coronavirus: Tebas update on plans to bring LaLiga back
- Spanish football LaLiga plans for closed doors and hectic summer schedule
- Covid-19 Coronavirus peaks in USA, UK and India, when are they expected?
- Coronavirus UK Coronavirus: Boris Johnson's letter to UK households arrives
- Coronavirus Which countries have yet to confirm coronavirus cases?