João Félix returns from ankle injury ready for Granada
The Portuguese trained on the field as he returns from an ankle injury suffered against Valencia and will be ready to play Granada in LaLiga.
Atlético Madrid trained in Majadahonda on Thursday and Diego Simeone has reasons to be happy with how it went. The manager has Stefan Savic, Joao Felix and Jose Gimenez back after a number of weeks without the trio. For the last six weeks, Simeone has been unable to call upon his whole squad but it's getting closer to a clean bill of health.
Savic is back training with the group. The defender, along with teammate Mario Hermoso, had a demanding session where Mono Burgos had younger players attack them. They were forced to clear crosses, stop the attackers one-on-one and this all came after training with the group. Savic is the final stretch before his return and it could come against Granada after the international break.
Meanwhile, Felix and Giménez also took to the field and worked with together as they step up their recoveries. The Uruguayan was kicking around as he looks closer to return than the Portuguese. Felix did a number of exercises and was comfortable with all of them. The 20-year-old could be ready for the Granada game.
The news comes at an important time for Simeone, who lost Diego Costa to a herniated disk diagnosis on the same day. The striker could miss the rest of the season and with goals proving hard to come by for Atlético, he needs all the help he can get.
Te recomendamos en English
- EURO 2020 Who plays today in the European Championship? Sunday 20 June: games, times, TV, schedule...
- NBA NBA playoffs 2021: Bucks stun Nets in overtime to take conference final spot
- BASEBALL Red Sox jump to first place, Padres win without Tatis
- NBA When was the last time the Clippers were in the NBA conference finals?
- NBA When was the last time the Suns were in the NBA Conference finals?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Another failure for Spain in both areas