LA Galaxy line up Cavani to replace Zlatan as talks begin
The PSG striker has fallen down the pecking order at PSG with Mauro Icardi hitting the ground running since joining from Inter Milan.
The Los Angeles Galaxy are lining up Edinson Cavani to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic after the Swede announced his departure on social media. The MLS side have not wasted any time in highlighting his replacement with negotiations already started with the Uruguayan according to Di Marzio.
Cavani has a contract with PSG until 2020 but has fallen down the pecking order at the club since the arrival of Mauro Icardi. He injured his hip earlier in the season and has worked his way back in but it seems Icardi is the preferred striker for Thomas Tuchel at present. Competition will increase too with Neymar also working his way back to fitness.
The German manager has urged Cavani to stay and fight for his place but a move to Los Angeles might appeal to the 32-year-old, who turned 33 in February. He has played 287 games with 195 goals for PSG after joining the club in 2013 from Napoli.
Inter Miami were linked with the player as they go in search of their first big signing. With Cavani still playing for Uruguay and still capable of playing at a high level, he would certainly be that. LA might be a more appealing option, however, and with PSG needing to sell player to fall in line with Financial Fair Play rules, they might be willing to sell the player in January now that they have a replacement number nine in Icardi.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Abidal: "Problem with Messi? I've learned a lot of things during the past few days"
- GETAFE 2 - AJAX 0 Bordalás: "Ajax are still the favourites, no doubt about it"
- PREMIER LEAGUE Willian keen to to remain in London as Chelsea contract runs down
- BARCELONA Messi and Kluivert, previous owners of the No.19 shirt at Barcelona
- Flick relaxed about future and aiming to establish own philosophy amid Guardiola comparisons
- Europa League Getafe serve Ajax shock defeat at the Coliseum