France and Turkey qualify for Euro 2020
A goalless draw against Iceland saw Turkey through to Euro 2020, with world champions France also progressing.
Turkey ensured they and France qualified for Euro 2020 by holding out for a 0-0 draw against Iceland on Thursday.
Senol Gunes' side withstood substantial late pressure from their visitors, with Merih Demiral making a stunning goalline clearance to preserve parity in Istanbul.
Turkey top Group H
The stalemate means Turkey edge to the top of Group H on 20 points, one ahead of France, who face an apparent formality at home to Moldova later on Thursday.
Didier Deschamps' world champions are three points ahead of Iceland in third and qualify by virtue of having a superior head-to-head record.
As things stand, a spot in the play-offs in March awaits Iceland.
13 - Following the draw between Turkey and Iceland, France 🇫🇷 will take part of their 13th consecutive major competition (EURO + World Cup). Routine. pic.twitter.com/gVvigEaT5d— OptaJean (@OptaJean) November 14, 2019
Turkey and France join Belgium, Italy, Russia, Poland, Ukraine and Spain as confirmed participants at Euro 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- LALIGA Bayern Munich's Ryan Johansson joins Sevilla
- MANCHESTER UNITED Tahith Chong's agent suggests Manchester United exit
- IBIZA 1-2 BARCELONA Barcelona player ratings as Griezmann avoids Ibiza shock
- PREMIER LEAGUE Raiola discusses the "elephant in the room" with Pogba and United
- COPA DEL REY Unionistas 1-2 Real Madrid live online: Copa del Rey 2019/20
- Transfers Hazard, Griezmann and João Félix head up record 2019 transfer spend