Real Madrid's James Rodríguez suffers new knee injury whilst on duty with Colombia
James Rodriguez had been training as normal all week but pulled out of Colombia's final session with a knee injury in training with Colombia in Florida.
James Rodríguez has been ruled out of Colombia's friendly against Peru on Friday after suffering a knee injury in training. The Real Madrid midfielder will miss the clash in Florida after hurting his left knee, the Colombian Football Federation (FCF) said in a statement on Thursday. James complained of "discomfort" after twisting his left knee towards the end of the session, leading to the FCF ruling him out of the Peru fixture.
"The player was evaluated by the medical body and his first diagnosis is reserved," the statement said. "For now and as a precaution, the player James Rodríguez is ruled out for the match against Peru. In the next few hours, a detailed imaging study will be carried out to confirm the definitive diagnosis."
James to undergo tests in Miami
Colombia's medical services have contacted medical staff at Real Madrid and the next step will be to examine James' knee to get a clearer idea of how serious the injury is. Those tests will be conducetd in Miami.
Colombia coach Carlos Queiroz had stated earlier this week that James was in line to start tonight's friendly at the Sun Life stadium - despite the fact that the player has not be involved in a competitive game since Madr'd meeting with Galatasaray on 22 October, when he came of the last 12 minutes. Queiroz's team are without a win in their past five matches and will face Ecuador in New Jersey on Tuesday.
James has made just nine appearances for Madrid this season, scoring once - in the Week 8 meeting with Granada.
Te recomendamos en English
- Mourinho quips: Will Man Utd get Man City's 2018 title after FFP breach?
- Real Madrid Real Madrid's season set to be determined by the next 30 days
- PORTUGAL Extraordinary scenes as Porto's Marega walks off pitch over racist chants
- REAL MADRID Rodrygo and Vinicius seem inextricably linked
- JUVENTUS Sarri explains reasons for Ronaldo's omission following Juventus win
- Champions League Champions League Istanbul 2020 final match-ball revealed