Gareth Bale laughs off press criticism: "I must sell papers"
The Real Madrid winger has revealed that he pays very little attention to negative press in Spain and finds the situation to be "hilarious".
Gareth Bale has responded to criticism from the Spanish media, claiming the constant focus on him is down to his ability to “sell papers”.
Having missed a number of Real Madrid games due to injury, Bale recently flew out for international duty with Wales, which drew major criticism in the Spanish press over his commitment to his club.
One of his harshest critics, ex-Madridista Pedja Mijatovic had plenty to say about the Cardiff-born winger when speaking on Spanish radio some weeks ago, claiming that Bale’s priorities were: “Wales, then golf and after that, Real Madrid.”
Bale: "I find it hilarious"
Asked about the constant negative press he garners in Spain, Bale revealed he pays very little attention and finds the situation hilarious.
“They have their own opinion of me. It’s just one of those things. Whether it’s good or bad, it’s about me so I must sell papers," he said.
“I’ve heard some stories but I don’t really take notice. My friends tend to send me some funny pictures or whatever they write. I’ve tried to get back as quick as I can.
“I find it hilarious to be honest, especially some of the pictures and stuff my friends send me.”
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby