Real Madrid: Marcelo regains full fitness
The left-back is fit again after suffering an injury against Galatasaray. He was replaced before half-time in the Champions League clash two weeks ago.
Marcelo returned to full Real Madrid training on Friday and completed the entire session with his teammates. He was replaced by Ferland Mendy against Galatasaray just over a week ago but has returned to fitness ahead of Real Sociedad and PSG after the international break.
The session was carried out with those not called up by their national teams. Zidane called on Luis Federico and Toni Fuidias, two juvenil goalkeepers with Courtois and Areola on duty with Belgium and France respectively.
The news comes as James flew back to Madrid with a strained knee ligament and is set to miss three weeks. Zidane has been relatively lucky with injuries in recent weeks but with the international break, there is a risk of further injuries given the travel and the changing nature of how the teams prepare and play.
Real Madrid play PSG next in the Champions League but welcome high-flying Real Sociedad on November 23 in LaLiga ahead of that crucial clash.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Lampard calls for defensive improvements amid rumours of a clear-out
- Premier League Liverpool: Toure identifies Van Dijk's "weak spot"
- MANCHESTER CITY - REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Valverde, Isco or Asensio - three into one for City
- CORONAVIRUS Li-Meng Yan: coronavirus was developed in Chinese military lab
- US Open Zverev joins list of stars unsure about playing at U.S. Open
- Barcelona Barcelona: Pochettino open to coaching Messi at Camp Nou