Real Madrid: Rodrygo makes full debut for Brazil against Argentina
The Real Madrid forward's incredible rise continued in the King Saud University Stadium when he replaced Willian for his first senior Canarinha cap.
The inexorable rise of Real Madrid forward Rodrygo Goes continued on Friday in Saudi Arabia as the 18-year-old made his full Brazil debut against Argentina in Saudi Arabia.
Rodrygo arrived at the Bernabéu from Santos last summer for a fee of 45 million euros and initially seemed destined to spend his debut season with Raúl’s Castilla reserves, playing 180 minutes against UP Langreo and Majadahonda in Segunda B before a mini-injury crisis struck Zinedine Zidane’s first team squad, leading to a place on the bench against Osasuna in week 6 of LaLiga action.
Rodrygo goes ballistic
The youngster seized that chance in spectacular fashion, coming on for Vinicius and finding the net 93 seconds later. That he replaced his senior colleague was nothing significant at the time but just a few weeks later Rodrygo has displaced Vinicius from the Real Madrid starting XI and taken his place in Tite’s Canarinha squad.
Another goal against Leganés followed and then Rodrygo struck a perfect hat-trick, with an assist for good measure, against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
The 18-year-old’s stratospheric rise reached its Zenith in the King Saud University Stadium when he replaced Willian with 20 minutes to play, becoming the latest precocious youngster to make his full senior debut for Brazil.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- US NEWS US elections 2020: who are the three moderators for the presidential debates?
- US ELECTION USA election 2020: who won the first debate in 2016?
- Coronavirus Covid-19 surges continue in India as caseload surpasses 6 million
- PREMIER LEAGUE Diogo Jota delighted by Reds' reaction to first Liverpool goal
- REAL MADRID Zidane: "We already have a big squad, why would we want to add to it?"