Real Madrid: Rodrygo makes full debut for Brazil against Argentina
The Real Madrid forward's incredible rise continued in the King Saud University Stadium when he replaced Willian for his first senior Canarinha cap.
The inexorable rise of Real Madrid forward Rodrygo Goes continued on Friday in Saudi Arabia as the 18-year-old made his full Brazil debut against Argentina in Saudi Arabia.
Rodrygo arrived at the Bernabéu from Santos last summer for a fee of 45 million euros and initially seemed destined to spend his debut season with Raúl’s Castilla reserves, playing 180 minutes against UP Langreo and Majadahonda in Segunda B before a mini-injury crisis struck Zinedine Zidane’s first team squad, leading to a place on the bench against Osasuna in week 6 of LaLiga action.
Rodrygo goes ballistic
The youngster seized that chance in spectacular fashion, coming on for Vinicius and finding the net 93 seconds later. That he replaced his senior colleague was nothing significant at the time but just a few weeks later Rodrygo has displaced Vinicius from the Real Madrid starting XI and taken his place in Tite’s Canarinha squad.
Another goal against Leganés followed and then Rodrygo struck a perfect hat-trick, with an assist for good measure, against Galatasaray in the Champions League.
The 18-year-old’s stratospheric rise reached its Zenith in the King Saud University Stadium when he replaced Willian with 20 minutes to play, becoming the latest precocious youngster to make his full senior debut for Brazil.
Te recomendamos en English
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Griezmann explains motives for Atlético exit
- Champions League Bayern Munich lose Coman after knee scare in Tottenham encounter
- LALIGA Messi: gap has closed between Barcelona, Madrid and rest of LaLiga
- ARSENAL Ljungberg not getting involved as Arsenal search for new boss
- Club Brugge 1-3 Real Madrid Zidane sees Real Madrid coming into the Clásico in fine form
- CLUB BRUGGE 1-3 REAL MADRID Real Madrid player ratings as Club Brugge beaten in Belgium