Dani Olmo and Pau Torres make history in Spain stroll
It has been 30 years since two Spain debutants scored in the same game. Pau Torres found the net less than a minute after coming on in Cádiz.
In the history of the Spain national team 794 players have represented La Roja and Roberto Moreno has been responsible for five of those since he took over from Luis Enrique on a full-time basis: Unai Núñez, Pablo Sarabia, Gerard Moreno, Pau Torres and Dani Olmo.
Against Malta on Friday in Cádiz, the latest two on that lengthy list, Torres and Olmo, made history by both scoring on their debuts, something that had not happened for exactly 30 years when Juanito and Fernando found the net against Hungary on 15 November, 1989.
Torres and Olmo debut with goals
Torres came on for Sergio Ramos to earn his first cap and less than a minute later he scored his first international goal. It was the fastest debut goal since former Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes hit the target 52 seconds into his Spain debut in 1998.
Olmo replaced Álvaro Morata shortly afterwards for his first cap and it took the Dinamo Zagreb winger just four minutes to score his first goal for La Roja from a through ball from Thiago.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: who is getting extra money, why and how much?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid and Barça to battle it out for Haaland and Alaba
- EL CLÁSICO Piqué fighting until last minute for El Clásico start
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City vs Leeds United: live!
- GOLF | AUGUSTA MASTERS 2021 Olazábal dedicates Masters cut to late compatriot Ballesteros
- EL CLÁSICO Real Madrid vs Barcelona: which players have played on both teams?