Dani Olmo and Pau Torres make history in Spain stroll
It has been 30 years since two Spain debutants scored in the same game. Pau Torres found the net less than a minute after coming on in Cádiz.
In the history of the Spain national team 794 players have represented La Roja and Roberto Moreno has been responsible for five of those since he took over from Luis Enrique on a full-time basis: Unai Núñez, Pablo Sarabia, Gerard Moreno, Pau Torres and Dani Olmo.
Against Malta on Friday in Cádiz, the latest two on that lengthy list, Torres and Olmo, made history by both scoring on their debuts, something that had not happened for exactly 30 years when Juanito and Fernando found the net against Hungary on 15 November, 1989.
Torres and Olmo debut with goals
Torres came on for Sergio Ramos to earn his first cap and less than a minute later he scored his first international goal. It was the fastest debut goal since former Real Madrid striker Fernando Morientes hit the target 52 seconds into his Spain debut in 1998.
Olmo replaced Álvaro Morata shortly afterwards for his first cap and it took the Dinamo Zagreb winger just four minutes to score his first goal for La Roja from a through ball from Thiago.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby