Brazil 0-1 Argentina: Messi told me to shut up, says Tite
Brazil head coach Tite discussed his exchange with Argentina's Lionel Messi in the Seleçao's 1-0 loss to the Albiceleste on Friday.
Brazil head coach Tite said he was told to shut up by Argentina captain Lionel Messi in the Seleçao's friendly defeat to their South American rivals.
Messi returned from a three-month international ban to lead Argentina past Brazil 1-0 thanks to his 13th-minute goal in Riyadh on Friday.
Argentina star Messi missed Argentina's previous four matches due to a suspension for accusing CONMEBOL of favouring hosts Brazil – who won their semi-final meeting – at the Copa America and he was in the thick of the action against Tite's side.
Messi, Tite clash after coach complains to referee
Messi and Tite exchanged words in the opening half, with the Barcelona superstar seen putting his fingers to his lips as the Brazil boss complained to the referee.
"I complained because he [Messi] should have been shown a yellow card and he told me to shut my mouth and I told him to shut his mouth," Tite said. "And that was it."
Tite added: "I don't want to answer anymore on it. You need a strong referee because he'll swallow you… It should have been a card, I was right to complain."
Brazil still to win since lifting Copa América
Messi's goal condemned Brazil – who have struggled since lifting the Copa América trophy – to their fifth consecutive match without victory.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live