Joe Gomez, Jordan Henderson withdraw from England squad
Liverpool have been given a scare after Joe Gomez suffered a knee problem, while Jordan Henderson is battling a viral infection.
Liverpool pair Joe Gomez and Jordan Henderson have been ruled out of England's final Euro 2020 qualifier against Kosovo on Sunday.
Gomez injury comes on back of Sterling bust-up
Gomez, 22, sustained a knock to the knee in training on Friday and will not travel with the rest of Gareth Southgate's squad, an England statement confirmed.
The injury caps a tumultuous few days for the defender, who was involved in a bust-up with Raheem Sterling earlier in the week.
Some fans booed Gomez when he was introduced as a second-half substitute during England's clinical 7-0 win over Montenegro at Wembley.
Recovering right to make sure we're ready for the next challenge pic.twitter.com/fnjBbK8erW— England (@England) November 15, 2019
Southgate and Sterling expressed bewilderment over the treatment of the young centre-back and England will now be without him as the Three Lions wrap up their Group A campaign, having already sealed qualification.
Viral infection sees Henderson leave England squad
Henderson was not involved against Montenegro after arriving in camp with a viral infection, which has not fully cleared.
"The pair have returned to their club meaning the Three Lions will head to Pristina on Saturday with a 23-man squad," the statement concluded.
Premier League leaders Liverpool will hope to have both players available when their title tilt resumes away to Crystal Palace on 23 November.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Champions League draw: who can play who?
- EURO 2020 Spain to host Cristiano's Portugal in final Euro 2020 warm-up
- Carvajal tells Mbappe: The best play for Real Madrid
- LIVERPOOL Minamino: RB Salzburg confirm Liverpool talks for midfielder
- Champions League Juventus: Sarri eager to face José Mourinho in Champions League
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Carvajal up for Mbappé move and Cristiano final