Juventus: Cristiano Ronaldo asks for Paul Pogba transfer
According to reports in Italy, Cristiano Ronaldo has recommended a move for the Manchester United midfielder to the Juve board.
Manchester United midfielder Paul Pogba has long been linked with a return to Juventus with the France international not living up to expectations at Old Trafford and that prospect has gathered momentum with reports in Italy suggesting that Cristiano Ronaldo has recommended the Juve board make a move for the 26-year-old in the January window.
Pogba has been the focus of plenty of criticism during Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s tenure at Old Trafford, which has seen the once mighty Red Devils struggling to revisit past glories and currently sitting in seventh after four draws, four wins and four defeats so far this season. Pogba starred in the 4-0 defeat of Chelsea on the opening day, providing two assists, but has since been mostly out of action with an ankle injury that has restricted him to six starts in the 2019-20 campaign.
United could be open to Juve player deal for Pogba
Pogba was heavily linked with Real Madrid last summer but eventually that move failed to materialize but the France international seems destined for the Old Trafford exit door and Juventus, where he was a star player between 2012 and 2016, are likely to be open to any possibility of bringing the midfielder back.
Manchester United are eager to retain one of their big name players but would find it hard to resist a significant offer from Turin, particularly as they are in the market for a striker of Mario Mandzukic’s qualities. Juve are also looking to move on several fringe squad players and could offer a part-exchange including any of Danilo, Emre Can, Sami Khedira, Paulo Dybala or Mandzukic.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League Iván Zamorano: “Raúl Jiménez is as good or even better than Karim Benzema”
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: US citizens buying more guns amid pandemic
- Coronavirus USA Coronavirus: how will stimulus checks work in the United States?
- Coronavirus Coronavirus: Bill Gates told Rafa Nadal Covid-19 pandemic would become "complicated"
- CORONAVIRUS | INDIA How to apply for Delhi curfew passes online?
- REAL MADRID Racing president: "Lautaro turned down Madrid when he was 18"