Manchester United: Koulibaly not planning on Napoli departure
Napoli's star centre-back and Senegal international said he is happy in Naples despite the recent furore at the club and talk of a mass squad clear-out.
Kalidou Koulibaly reaffirmed his affection for Napoli in the midst of a turbulent period at the Serie A club with players and president Aurelio De Laurentiis in a stand-off and manager Carlo Ancelotti looking on with growing bewilderment as the side's season crumbles around him.
As a result there have been reports that De Laurentiis is to wield the axe on several senior squad members as soon as he can, but the star Senegal defender, who has been linked with a big-money move to Premier League side Manchester United, has suggested he will remain at the San Paolo.
United continue to be linked with a move for highly rated Napoli defender Koulibaly, despite the world-record signing of Harry Maguire at the start of the season.
The Red Devils are reportedly keen to bolster their backline, which has been problematic in recent seasons, even after the arrivals of Victor Lindelof and Eric Bailly.
However, star centre-back and Senegal international Koulibaly said he is happy in Naples.
Mes enfants sont nés ici. Ici, j'ai grandi en tant qu'homme et en tant que footballeur.Ici, ma famille et moi nous sentons chez nous— Koulibaly Kalidou (@kkoulibaly26) November 16, 2019
My children were born here. Here, I grew up as a man and as a football player. Here, my family and I feel at home#Napoli
"This is where my children were born," Koulibaly wrote via Twitter. "This is where I grew up as a man and a player. This is where my family and I feel at home #Napoli."
Koulibaly has established himself as one of the world's best defenders since swapping Genk for Napoli in 2014.
The 28-year-old has made 10 Serie A appearances this season and 14 across all competitions for Carlo Ancelotti's Napoli.
Te recomendamos en English
- MLS David Beckham's Inter Miami and in sponsorship talks with Qatar
- SERIE A Inter Milan director confirms Christian Eriksen bid and agreement for Chelsea's Victor Moses
- PREMIER LEAGUE Guardiola focused on improving Manchester City rather than chasing Liverpool
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ousmane Dembélé enters the final phase of his recovery
- ARITZ GABILONDO Reinier, a classic No. 10 in the same mould as Kaká or Rai
- FOOTBALL Messi, Aubameyang, Pogba... 15 stars who are out of contract in 2021