Abidal: "Neymar will always be an option; he has the Barça philosophy"
Barcelona's technical secretary, Éric Abidal, spoke to Mundo Deportivo and Sport, disussing Neymar as a Barcelona player and Messi's contract negotiations.
Barcelona's technical secretary, Eric Abidal, discussed a number of issues at Barcelona in interviews with Catalan sports papers Mundo Deportivo and Sport on Sunday.
Neymar's Barcelona philosophy
Abidal talked about former Barcelona player Neymar, who has been heavily linked with a return to the club since leaving in 2017. "He is a top player with the Barcelona philosophy and is playing at a very high level. Neymar will always be an option," he told Mundo Deportivo. "After that, on a sporting level, we will make desicions and because of the financial issues some things are possible and others aren't. If he continues playing at the same level, because it's a long season, then I'm not going to say he'll be the number-one target but he'll be a definite option," he added.
Messi's contract negotiations
Abidal also told Sport that negotiations were under way to extend Messi's contract: "He's a key player for us. He has an opt-out clause in his contract, but I know the club's president is speaking to his representatives to close the matter once and for all. I hope he stays for many years; I think he will. It will be Leo's decision," he said.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Third stimulus check live updates: is a fourth payment coming, expected dates, plus-up payments, tracker
- COVID-19 NEWS How long does the Moderna vaccine last?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check 'plus-up' payment: can I claim for extra money?
- UK NEWS Prince Philip, husband of Britain's Queen Elizabeth, is dead at 99
- CELEBRITY NEWS DMX dies aged 50: rapper and actor suffers heart attack
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Third stimulus check: how many Americans have already received the payments?