Barcelona: Dani Olmo leaves door open for Camp Nou return
Despite never making a senior appearance for Barcelona, the Spain international said his time at the club's academy shaped his career.
Barcelona academy product Dani Olmo did not rule out a return to Camp Nou after his impressive form for Dinamo Zagreb led to speculation that the Spanish champions could seek to re-sign him.
The 21-year-old attacking midfielder has scored two goals in six league appearances for Dinamo this season, but it was his performances in Spain's European Under-21 Championship triumph that helped propel him into contention for a transfer to LaLiga.
Olmo netted three times to help Spain's young players to glory and his form in big games has continue in the Champions League, with four goals in nine appearances for a Dinamo side still in contention to reach the knockout stages.
Asked whether his displays might carry him back to Spain, Olmo told Sport: "I hope I can come back, but we've just started the season really well.
"We're doing well in the Champions League. There are two games left and we depend on ourselves to get through. There's a lot of work to be done.
"The Champions League is a shop window for all young players, especially if you're in a smaller league like Croatia."
Olmo did not make a senior appearance for Barcelona before joining Dinamo as a 17-year-old, but he paid tribute to the training academy at La Masia for giving him strong foundations.
On the speculation over a possible transfer back to Catalonia, Olmo said: "We will see what happens.
"I don't close the door on any club, but I'm a Dinamo player, what happens with Dinamo, we will see. Barcelona's style: touch, movement - that's added to what I have learned in Croatia. They've made me the player I am now."
Olmo made his senior debut for Spain against Malta during the ongoing international break and netted his first goal for La Roja in a 7-0 win.
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit not sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- OLYMPICS 2021 | ATHLETICS Seahawks' DK Metcalf impresses in 100m but misses Olympics
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- OLYMPICS 2021 | TENNIS Andy Murray targets peak for Wimbledon and Olympics
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?