Pep Guardiola's agent hints at return to Bayern Munich
Josep Maria Orobitg, the agent of the Manchester City manager, has not ruled out the possibility that his client may return soon to the Bundesliga giants.
Bayern Munich have recently confirmed that Hansi Flick will continue as Niko Kovac's successor on the Bavarian bench until the end of the season, but there are a number of people working in the background to find an experienced replacement to take over from the summer. Ajax’ Erik ten Hag and PSG’s Thomas Tuchel have both been sounded out, while there is a growing feeling that former coach Pep Guardiola could be the number one choice, despite having a contract with Manchester City in place until 2021.
Pep’s Bayern reunion on the cards
According to several German media sources, the Catalan coach is not happy in the Etihad and has not ruled out returning to Bayern four years after leaving them for the riches of the Premier League. And with several people speaking about the situation, Pep’s agent, Josep Maria Orobitg, has been the latest, and he has certainly left the door open for his client’s possible return to Bavaria.
"In the world of football nothing is certain, nothing is impossible," Orobitg was quoted as saying to the German sports website Spox. Of course, the former Barça manager’s representative was also quick to deny any rumours about a possible malaise of Guardiola in Manchester.
"I talked with Pep last Wednesday and everything remains the same. He is happy at City and in Manchester, where he has a contract.”
In Munich, after a year and a half of unease in the stands for the style of play provided by Kovac, fans would be delighted with Pep's return. Herbert Hainer, new president of the club after Uli Hoeness left, wasn’t shy in his tempered praise of the Spaniard when speaking to the club shareholders.
"Guardiola is a great coach, but he has a contract in Manchester," said former Adidas CEO, before adding, “in principle we always want the best coach.”
Te recomendamos en English
- US News Why weren’t the funds from the $3000/$3600 child tax credit sent with the stimulus check payments?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Golden State Stimulus: How to claim the extra $500 under the California Comeback Plan
- Boxing Boxing legend Mike Tyson believes that Floyd Mayweather is going to win against Logan Paul
- Coronavirus Pfizer Vaccine Approval: When and where can children 12-15 get vaccinated?
- CORONAVIRUS US How to score the Clear Health Pass covid-19 vaccine passport?
- CORONAVIRUS US Covid-19 vaccine for tourists in New York: how much and where can people get it?