Neymar rejects PSG offer, holding out for Barcelona return
PSG reportedly want to tie Neymar down until 2025 with an attractive new deal. However the Brazil star is still keen for a return to Camp Nou.
Just three months into the new season and the speculation surrounding Neymar's exit from PSG has already re-intensified in France.
Neymar’s future was the subject of heavy media attention in the summer as the Brazil star pushed for a return to Barcelona. However Barcelona and PSG were unable to reach a deal for the 27-year-old as the Parisian club were unwilling to come down on their 220-million-euro pricetag.
Neymar rejects latest PSG offer
Following Barcelona sporting director stating that Barcelona could move to try to re-sign Neymar, the player himself has reportedly rejected an offer from PSG to extend his current deal.
According to French outlet Foot-Mercato, the Parisian club have offered the Brazil international an improvement on his current terms in order to tie him down until 2025.
The club had begun talks with his father and agent, Neymar Senior. However the Sao Paulo-born player is still apparently keen for a return to Camp Nou.
PSG to lower price for Neymar
With Neymar’s current deal set to expire in 2022, PSG may lower their asking price to 170 million euros – 50 million less than the 220 million they had demanded in the summer, reports Foot-Mercato.
Amid heightened talks about his future in Paris, the 27-year-old striker has sat out PSG’s last six games with a hamstring injury and his return date is still unknown.
Te recomendamos en English
- Premier League The Sun: Raul Jimenez is in Arsenal’s radar
- Liga MX Liga MX is one of the top 5 most important leagues in the world
- LIGUE 1 Nantes unveil new kit in honour of the late Emiliano Sala
- MLS David Beckham’s Inter Miami looking to make six signings
- 2022 WORLD CUP QATAR Aubameyang to face Salah in World Cup qualifying
- COPA DEL REY Shinji Kagawa and Zaragoza come out on top in Copa del Rey battle with Take Kubo's Mallorca