Spanish FA offers Luis Enrique chance to return for Euro 2020
Should Luis Enrique accept the offer to return to the fold he will immediately take over from current coach Robert Moreno to begin preparations for Euro 2020.
Spanish FA president Luis Rubiales has offered former coach Luis Enrique a chance to lead Spain into Euro 2020, Federation sources have confirmed to AS.
Should Luis Enrique accept the offer to return to the fold he will immediately take over from current coach Robert Moreno, who has overseen seven victories from seven games for La Roja since taking charge in June.
Rubiales is determined to maintain his commitment to Luis Enrique, to whom he had offered the possibility of returning after he left his position to look after his seriously ill nine-year-old daughter Xana earlier this year.
Following a five-month battle with bone cancer, Xana passed away in August.
Decision on Spain Euro 2020 coach to be announced shortly
Following Spain’s 5-0 win over Romania in their final Euro 2020 qualifying fixture, Robert Moreno did not attend to the media to take questions on his future.
On the same day that his appointment was announced earlier in June, Moreno had said that "he would be willing to step aside if Luis Enrique decides to return."
The final decision on who will be the coach to lead Spain into next summer’s Euros is expected to be announced in the next few days.
Should Luis Enrique accept the chance to take over for Moreno, it would become Spain's fifth change of guard in the coach's seat since Vincente del Bosque was replaced in 2016.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRANSFER STORIES PSG preparing huge offer for Guardiola
- REAL MADRID Zidane has got goals coming from everywhere
- PREMIER LEAGUE Lampard: "Chelsea can't always depend on Abraham for goals"
- Premier League Raul Jimenez out to make history with Wolverhampton
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool not greatest team yet, says Solskjaer
- BORUSSIA DORTMUND Haaland "happy" and "relaxed" after Dortmund hat-trick debut