Viral Ajax youth player David Easmon responds to photo
David Easmon went viral when a photo of him went online towering above a teammate but he has responded to the hype surrounding the image.
Ajax youth team player, David Easmon, has responded to a photo of him that went viral in November. The photo in question saw him towering over an opponent. "This kid was really small," said Easmon to Ajax TV (via VoetbalPrimerur).
"People are exaggerating the photo," he said. "It is what it is, people said I'm 1.90 (6 foot 3) metres tall but I'm only 1.79 (5 foot 8). That's the media, always exaggerating."
Ajax are known for developing some of the best talent in Europe and a photo of one their youth team players has went viral with Easmon named as the kid in that photo.
They Amsterdam club were playing Sparta Rotterdam and Easmon scored two and assisted one during the 6-2 victory.
An Ajax academy Twitter account has highlighted him as one to watch. Regardless of the exaggeration, he could be the next Virgil van Dijk or Davinson Sanchez in the making and knowing Ajax' history of developing talent, he's at the right club to take advantage of his physical gifts.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid: Gareth Bale determined to seize Clásico chance
- BARCELONA Barcelona: at least three players could leave in the January window
- REAL MADRID Barnett: "There's no guarantee that Bale is leaving Real Madrid"
- SERIE A "We're living in 1920": Lukaku's agent 'ashamed' of 'Black Friday' headline
- SERIE A Smalling: 'Black Friday' headline "wrong and highly insensitive"
- CRYSTAL PALACE Andros Townsend opens up about his gambling addiction: "I lost €54,000 in one night"