Erling Haaland's dad spotted at Man United training ground
Speculation linking the young RB Salzburg centre forward with Man United have intensified following reports his dad was spotted at Carrington.
Erling Haaland has become one of the hottest young properties in football, catapulting himself onto the world stage by scoring a hat-trick on his Champions League debut for RB Salzburg against Genk back in September.
Since that memorable night, Haaland has gone on to score four more Champions League goals against Napoli and Liverpool and found himself linked with a host of Europe’s top clubs, including Manchester United.
Red Devils coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows the 19-year-old centre forward personally, having worked with him at Norwegian club Molde, and last week reportedly sent one of the club's most trusted scouts to watch him in action for Salzburg.
Erling Haaland's father seen at Man United
Now the latest on what looks set to be one of the transfer sagas of the season comes from The Athletic journalist, David Ornstein, who claims a club source has told him that Haaland’s father, former Leeds player Alf-Inge Haaland, had been spotted at Manchester United’s Carrington training ground.
The Red Devils are apparently looking to move things quickly with Haaland in the face of competition from the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus.
Salzburg’s Leeds-born starlet had already spoken of his special fondness for English football, where his father played for Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Manchester City during his 10-year Premier League career.
However, some reports suggest that Manchester United’s fractured relationship with his representative, Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola, could complicate the operation.
Haaland joined Salzburg from Molde for five million euros back in January, signing a deal until 2023.
With the young striker proving a sensation this season, netting 26 goals (including five hat tricks) in 18 games, the Austrian club are unlikely to hold onto him for long. Although, they look set to pocket a major profit on the their original five-million-euro investment, having reportedly set their pricetag at 100 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...
- BARCELONA Two USMNT players make history with Barcelona in Champions League
- BARCELONA Jordi Alba predicts USMNT's Dest to become Barcelona star
- BARCELONA Koeman says nothing behind 'happy' Griezmann not starting in against Kiev
- Champions League Real Madrid's San Siro woe, Lewandowski targets Raul
- FIFA Best Awards Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar, Mbappé among FIFA 2020 Best candidates
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Inter Milan vs Real Madrid: preview, team news, predicted XIs
- US NEWS Black Friday 2020: when does it start and finish?