Erling Haaland's dad spotted at Man United training ground
Speculation linking the young RB Salzburg centre forward with Man United have intensified following reports his dad was spotted at Carrington.
Erling Haaland has become one of the hottest young properties in football, catapulting himself onto the world stage by scoring a hat-trick on his Champions League debut for RB Salzburg against Genk back in September.
Since that memorable night, Haaland has gone on to score four more Champions League goals against Napoli and Liverpool and found himself linked with a host of Europe’s top clubs, including Manchester United.
Red Devils coach Ole Gunnar Solskjaer knows the 19-year-old centre forward personally, having worked with him at Norwegian club Molde, and last week reportedly sent one of the club's most trusted scouts to watch him in action for Salzburg.
Erling Haaland's father seen at Man United
Now the latest on what looks set to be one of the transfer sagas of the season comes from The Athletic journalist, David Ornstein, who claims a club source has told him that Haaland’s father, former Leeds player Alf-Inge Haaland, had been spotted at Manchester United’s Carrington training ground.
The Red Devils are apparently looking to move things quickly with Haaland in the face of competition from the likes of Barcelona, Real Madrid and Juventus.
Salzburg’s Leeds-born starlet had already spoken of his special fondness for English football, where his father played for Nottingham Forest, Leeds and Manchester City during his 10-year Premier League career.
However, some reports suggest that Manchester United’s fractured relationship with his representative, Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola, could complicate the operation.
Haaland joined Salzburg from Molde for five million euros back in January, signing a deal until 2023.
With the young striker proving a sensation this season, netting 26 goals (including five hat tricks) in 18 games, the Austrian club are unlikely to hold onto him for long. Although, they look set to pocket a major profit on the their original five-million-euro investment, having reportedly set their pricetag at 100 million euros.
Te recomendamos en English
- CHELSEA-REAL MADRID Chelsea - Real Madrid: possible starting line-ups for the Champions League
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE What are Christian Pulisic's Champions League stats and records?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Chelsea 2-0 Real Madrid (3-1 agg): result, goals, summary: Champions League 2020/21
- BOXING What is Floyd Mayweather’s net worth?
- 2021 TAX FILING Biden tax plan calculator: how could your taxes and credits change?
- CORONAVIRUS US Pfizer/BioNtech covid-19 vaccine for kids: ages, who can get and when?
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE How many Champions League finals have Chelsea played in?
- BOXING What is Logan Paul's net worth?
- NFL Brett Farve thinks Rodgers time in Green Bay may be coming to an end
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the fourth stimulus check be approved? Can it still happen in May?
- Cornoavirus When will kids under 12 be able to receive a covid-19 vaccine?